Tuesday, January 04, 2005

More Tennis Tactics Talk

Just to continue on from my last blog.

To recap, I was playing a top player. I was hitting inside-out forehands into his backhand and he was responding by hitting perfectly placed slice backhands up the line.

Now, if you recall, Pete Sampras used to set up in the backhand corner on groundstroke rallies, hit inside-out forehands and almost lure his opponent into hitting up the line backhands. Pete would then run over and absolutely crack a crosscourt forehand, often for an outright winner.

Now , I can't do this as well as Pete obviously and I was getting hurt by my opponent's up the line backhands slices. So, as the match went on I tried to make 2 adjustments.

The first was that I tried to hit more balls to his forehand to change the patterns . And secondly, I tried to position myself more towards the center of the court and less in the backhand corner so that I wouldn't have to run as far to cover his down the line backhand.

So, as I always say, think, think, think when you're on the court and always try to change a losing pattern.

Until next time,

Glenn
The author of INSIDER TENNIS STRATEGIES-the Ebook
on tennis strategies and tactics that will help you become a
smarter player fast..


No comments: