Monday, January 31, 2005

Back to Focusing On Our Own Games

Well, the Australian Open is over and , man, there was some spectacular tennis. Now we can all go about working on our games while we wait for the French Open.

Played in a provincial(state) tournament on the weekend . Top players -great competition!

In the first round I played an aggressive lefty. I noticed in the warmup that his slice backhand was hit with too much slice so that it floated in the air and that he was inconsistent with his topspin backhand. Also noticed that his backhand volley was weaker than his forehand volley.

So before the match had even started I had a good idea of what I intended to do. I served topspin slice high into his backhand and followed up by coming to net. Didn't go for big flat serves because I wanted him to have to contact the ball high .

Worked like a charm and I had very little trouble holding.

He had a good serve and volley game himself so I'll talk about my approach to breaking him next time.

Until Then,

Glenn -- Author Of INSIDER TENNIS STRATEGIES the tennis Ebook guaranteed to make you a smarter player and take your game to the next level.

No comments: