Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Club Tennis -It's Good And Bad For Your Game

The next few postings are going to be about my experiences in the last little while. I've just finished a tournament where I faced some of the top players in the country in my age group ( ex-Davis Cuppers) and where I've played a relatively easy match against a B player at the local club.

There's no question in my mind that if you play high level competition where you're slightly outclassed ,you're going to start really going for your shots because you know you can't win any other way. In a way it's liberating. And, when you see that those shots can actually win you points against the top players it certainly makes you think.

The trick is to continue to play this way when you're playing lesser competition.

I'll write more in my next post about what typically happens when you play lesser competition.

Dr. Glenn Sheiner ( aka TennisDoc) is the author of INSIDER TENNIS STRATEGIES the Ebook all about tennis tactics, tips, and strategies that is guaranteed to improve your game. Check it out now!

No comments: