Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Tennis Tips When Playing Tall Guys

grass court tennis tactics masteryHere's a tennis tip -- consider changing your patterns when playing tall guys.

Every few months I play a friend of mine who's a rangy 6 feet 4 inches. He's an old school attacking player with flat strokes, takes everything early, and comes to the net where he's very effective and difficult to pass or lob.

Normally, I can control baseline rallies with my groundies and be safe from attack unless I hit a short ball. However, this guy's length enables him to cut off a ton of well-hit crosscourt groundstrokes and push the ball up the line while coming in. It's very disconcerting to say the least.

I've already changed my serving pattern when playing him and tend to serve at his body instead of going for the corners. I find that it's easier to jam him than to beat him wide or down the middle.

So, the next time I play him, I'm going to hit deep down the middle and try not to give him good attacking angles.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Until next time,

Glenn Sheiner M.D. - author of Insider Tennis Strategies Top Tennis Tips To Win Big Matches guaranteed to make you a smarter tennis player and take your tennis to the next level. Also, check out the world's top tennis humor screensaver
Tennis Cartoon Screensaver
. You can download a trial version for FREE.

Technorati Tags

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for providing information on tennis tips.

Get more tennis tips, tennis 2009 tournaments at www.altiusdirectory.com

Anonymous said...

Great tips............