Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ok, It's Time For Wimbledon

all court tennis mastery online
It always takes me a few weeks after the French Open finishes to get ready for Wimbledon.

My first emotion is that Wimbledon is not part of the real tennis season. After watching the grueling rallies at Roland Garros, the quick points at Wimbledon and the emphasis on the serve seems unathletic.

Certain guys come out of the woodwork to become formidable opponents at Wimbledon.
Big servers like Ivo Karlovic can be a nightmare on the grass.

But as the fortnight approaches, I start to get excited about the subtlety of the grass game. This year in particular, I can't wait to see how Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal do on the grass.

My gut feeling is that both Federer and Nadal are going to run into trouble. I don't know why but it's a feeling I have.

And, one of these years I feel that Andy Roddick is going to win. He's been close in the past but hasn't been able to come up with a brilliant match at the right time. And, with his serve, he'll be dangerous for at least the next 5 years.

Federer skipped the warmup grass tournament this year and I always feel that that strategy makes a player vulnerable in the early rounds.

Similarly, Nadal got knocked out mid-week. I think he too could be upset early.

Now, in the spirit of Wimbledon, I'm about to indulge in a little strawberries and cream.

Glenn Sheiner M.D. - author of Insider Tennis Strategies Smarter Tennis Tactics Might Have Helped Federer In The French Open Final guaranteed to make you a smarter tennis player and take your tennis to the next level. Also, check out the world's top tennis humor screensaver
Tennis Cartoon Screensaver
. You can download a trial version for FREE.

Technorati Tags
Technorati Tags

No comments: