Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A quantum leap in my tennis confidence

Wow. I recently took a set off the number 1 player in canada in the 50-55 age group. I'm 49 so I'm getting close.

This was by far my biggest set win in my life and although I lost the match it validated a lot of the work I've been doing on my game and my tactical approach.

How I'd do it? I served big and well. More interestingly, I noticed a few patterns that were working to my advantage and I kept on using them.

For example, I noticed that my hard flat serve to the backhand wasn't giving my opponent trouble . He was able to block them back with a short slice backhand stroke. But ,when I hit hard kick on the first serve the height of the bounce surprised him and he made mistakes.

Also I noticed he was vulnerable to a really tough slice serve so I really went after my slice to give it a mean curve after the bounce.


My confidence that I can take a set off anybody is now sky high. Can't wait for the next tournament.

Until next time,

Glenn, Author of INSIDER TENNIS STRATEGIES The tennis Ebook that can take you from losing to winning in a day.

No comments: